Zombies have become big in both nerd circles and the mundanes’. Which of course means songs, albums, and bands inspired by them. Here is some to get started listening to and Happy Halloween.
1. Zombie Blues by Tom Smith gives you the blues from a zombie perspective.
3. The Gekkos take a different approach to the zombie apcolypse in Pokemon of the Living Dead with having the Pokemon be the zombies.
5. Mikal kHill of the Thought Criminals produced his definitive zombie story as the album The Walking Dead. Guests on the album include Jesse Dangerously, Tribe One, Sulfur, Adam Warrock, and several other friends of his.
7. Undead Love Song by John Anealio is a great love song about a zombie and a woman. Both sweet and gross at the same time.
9. Insane Ian gives us two great zombie tunes. Some Zombie by George Romero tells of a man obsessed with zombie movies becoming one, features The Stacey. The other one is There’s Something About A Zombie – The ZombAid Benefit Song, a benefit parody which features lots of the other FuMP guys on it.
10. For those of you who have always wanted a zombie themed surf rock band, I have you covered. The Wakening dress as and make songs about zombies. What it says on the tin.
Honorable Mention: From Mystery Science Theater 300 alumni, RiffTrax sells MP3s, VOD, and does live shows making fun of movies of all kinds. They also put an album of songs based on some of the movies they have riffed. One of the tracks on it is Zombie Mambo, it lists some great reasons to go zombie.